Sunday, January 27, 2008

Those lazy days of summer, fall and winter

A.K.A. What have I been doing with myself since I obviously haven't spent my time maintaining this blog. I'm so tired that I'm hoping that sentence required a period and not a question mark. 2008 and it's finally graduation year! It's been almost 10 years since I started on this road, and I while I love school, I am ready to be done. I'm excited to take my first steps into the new path in front of me, and tomorrow I will. I have been hired as a technology consultant at the NYSD. They are an all Mac shop, so I have some learning to do. I'm confidant I'll be able to locate the answers I need, I just will hate not knowing them right away in the beginning. I'm kind of a perfectionist that way - if only I could apply that to my housekeeping!

Last semester was a busy one for me. I was officially a full time student and completed my internship in educational technology at BMS & TE. I loved being in my own district, and I was sad to see it come to an end. My cooperating teachers were fantastic and I got a great preview of all the teachers my sons may have - and I am very pleased! It definitely helped rationalize the tax bill. I've posted a lot of my work from this internship in my e-portfolio. It's a work in progress, so if you find something that doesn't work, please let me know.

This semester will be busy, but I think the best one so far. Stay tuned!

No comments: