Thursday, January 25, 2007

Our Adventure Begins...

with me, sitting like deer in headlights, back in grad school since Summer 2000. I am excited to be back, but man, I forgot how much work comes with it!

Anyway, I am starting this blog for two reasons: 1. I like the format MUCH better (I'm such a visual person) that what can be created with Blackboard, and 2. I'd like to keep this as documentation (no, not the kind no one reads!) of what I have learned in this space of time.

I'm approaching this class and my Ed Tech future as a series of small races to be run. I want to be able to know how to take apart, upgrade and repair my computer without relying on my husband (sorry sweetie!). He has been my mentor thus far, but it's time to grow up and know how to maintain my own machine. So far, I've been pretty basic with what I've accomplished. I've downloaded and installed programs, fonts, checked for viruses and spyware, and once or twice defragged. Pretty sad if you ask me. It's time to step things up.

My 3 Goals for this week are:
1. To read and understand all of my assigned material
2. Read last year's back issues of Maximum PC for some more ideas to flesh out my term project.
3. Restart my Palm and download some decent list & time management software.

No comments: